Thursday, September 29, 2011

NOAH-ism Update

Here are a few NOAH-isms from two Fall 2011 football weekends in State College:

-9/11: Noah's at his very first Penn State football game in Beaver Stadium; PSU returns the first kickoff of the 2011 season for a TD...Noah: "Is this game over yet?"

-9/11: We walk in to a frozen yogurt store with essentially unlimited toppings...Noah's smiling, raising both hands above his head, and talking excitedly: "And the day is mine!!!!"

-9/11: Grandmom Kay is leaving the PSU house for Mass with Grandmom & Nonna...Grandmom Kay: "I'm going to church, Noah." Noah replies, "Pray for me!" (The humor is compounded here if you know that Grandmom Kay ALWAYS asks people to pray for her.)

-9/11: Noah, Grandmom, Nonna, & Max stop at THE Creamery, known for their delicious ice cream and large serving sizes, for some Peachy Paterno...Grandmom: "It's OK if you don't finish ALL that ice cream, Noah." He replies, "Don't worry, Grandmom. I can handle it...everything!!"

-9/11: After not listening to Daddy (and apparently taking another cue from Grandmom Kay)...Noah says, "I can't hear you, I have to turn up my hearing aid."

No comments: